The 2010 Red Bull 3Style Japan champion’s mix mainly contains newly released hip-hop tracks and a few classic throwbacks.
Watch DJ IKU’s performance above.
1. Foster Sylvers – Misdemeanor
2. Run The Jewels ft. 2 Chainz – Out Of Sight
3. The D.O.C – It’s Funky Enough
4. Public Enemy – State Of The Union (STFU)
5. Megan Thee Stallion – Girls In The Hood – MarkCutz Boyz-N-The-Hood Intro
6. Lil Wayne – Clap For Em – KidCutUp Club Edit
7. Nicki Minaj – Megatoron
8. Tyga – Ayy Macarena
9. Yella Beezy ft. Ty Dolla $ign – Ay Ya Ya Ya
10. Tyga, YG & Santana – MAMACITA
11. DaBaby ft. Roddy Ricch – ROCKSTAR
DJ IKU was invited to represent Japan at the Red Bull 3Style Global DJs Charity Livestream for WHO, which took place on May 16, 2020. The 2010 Red Bull 3Style Japan champion’s one-hour set features Afrobeats, funk, hip-hop, house, r&b, and more.
Watch DJ IKU’s full livestream set on the latest episode of GENRE BNDR‘s CH419 above.
1. James Brown – Get Up (Sex Machine)
2. Nelly – Hot In Here
3. S!RENE – It G Hot In Mi Bumper – VIP Edit
4. XNYWOLF – XANDHI PT.II
5. Young T & Bugsey ft. Headie One – Don’t Rush
6. ZICO – Any Song
7. Lotso – senoritaaaaa
8. Bruno Mars – 24k magic – Justin Timberlake – Senorita (Baile Flip)
9. Yuto – Big Poppa (Yuto Reflex)
10. Roddy Ricch – The Box – Adam Doubleyou & Nick Bike Controlla Bootleg
11. YBN Cordae ft. Anderson Paak – RNP Skratch Bastid & Nick Bike Remix
12. Ice Cube & Das EFX – Check Yo Self Remix
13. Too Short – Blow The Whistle
14. Juelz Santana – There It Go (The Whistle Song) – MMR Edit
15. PTAF – Boss Ass Chick
16. Tyga, YG & Blueface – Bop
17. TroyBoi – Say Yeah
18. Terror Squad – Lean Back
19. Tommy Montana – Lemon Back
20. Diplo ft. Angger Dimas & Travis Porter – Biggie Bounce
21. TWRK – Helicopter
22. Fat Boys – Stick Em’ Loop
23. Herbie Hancock – Rockit
24. Fatboy Slim – Slash Dot Dash
25. Jet – Are You Gonna Be My Girl
26. Dillon Francis & Nitti Gritti – Salsabahton (Shake That Booty)
27. Bruna Boy – Pop Ye Coller – Vandalized Edit
28. Burna Boy – Ye (f r a n c h i s e. Remix)
29. Decap & DJ Damianito – BRAZIL
30. A$AP Rocky – Praise The Lord – Beer Petrie Remix
31. The Sugarhill Gang vs Chic – Rapper’s Delight – Jet Boot Jack Good Times 2018 Remix
32. Nick Bike – Hollywood Shack Up
33. J. Geils Band – Centerfold
34. DJ LBR & Big Ali – Real Party – Slynk Remix
35. Midas Hutch – Nas & Ginuwine – You Owe Me Remix
36. Vanilla Ice – Ice Ice Baby
37. Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force – Planet Rock
38. salute – Multiply Dub
39. Teriyaki Boyz – Tokyo Drift – Richastic Remix
40. Soulja Boy – Crank That – MMR Tokyo Drift Bootleg
41. FS Green – Carnage – WDYW (FS Green Remix)
42. Travis Scott ft. Juice WRLD & Sheck Wes – NO BYSTANDERS – Uki & Alamaki Baile Funk Remix
43. Wakanda (Edit)
44. George Kranz – Din Daa Daa
45. Arif Omari & Austin Lebron – Me de Jersey
46. Full Crate ft. Trinidad James & Bryn Christopher – Vogue
47. Travis Scott – Goosebumps – Vandalized Edit
48. Kanye West – Power (f r a n c h i s e. Instrumental Edit)
49. Kanye West – All Day
50. Lil Pump – Boss
51. Fly By Midnight – Hotline Bling
52. Drake vs. Blonde – Call Me Bling (Providence Mushup Bootleg)
53. Camo & Krooked ft.TC – Make The Call
54. What So Not & RL Grime – Tell Me
55. Eliminate – Snake Bite(VIP)
56. Mura Masa – Lotus Eater – Dinpei Remix
57. Kanye West – Mercy (RL Grime & Salva Remix)
58. TroyBoi ft. Healty Chill – Favorite
59. Future – Mask Off (Boston Chery × Uki Refix)
60. Travis Scott – Sicko Mode (Cumbia Edit)
61. Big Sean ft. Nicki Minaj – Dance (A$$)
62. KYLE ft. Ric The Kid & K CAMP – YES!
63. Dawn Penn – No No No
64. Alicia Keys – No One
65. Major Lazer & Grandtheft – Number One
DJ Woody (Source: Boom City)
British creative collective Boom City has delivered another episode of their documentary series, Inside Turntablists. This episode features DJ Woody, a UK-based DJ and producer. He’s a former ITF and Vestax World Champion and currently runs his own label, Woodwurk Records.
In the episode, DJ Woody discusses his history with hip-hop culture, the invention of the Woodpecker scratch, as well as his involvement with the Vestax Controller One — the world’s first-ever musical turntable instrument.
Watch the episode and a routine from DJ Woody below.
DJ Louis XIV. (Source: Vanity Fair)
As of June 2020, Instagram will finally financially reward content creators using Instagram Live as a creative and broadcast portal. Via both the rollout of 10-15 second ads in Instagram Live, as well as new program, “Instagram Badges,” creatives will be rewarded for live fan engagement. Instagram’s updates were announced on May 27 via a blog post.
Created, in part, due to a 70% increase in Instagram Live usage at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the program — similar to incentivization programs used by online broadcaster Twitch — ultimately allows for creatives to earn revenue via their tune-in fanbase “tipping” during creators’ live videos. As well, the platform will engage in ads that will play at the start of each user’s active engagement. The revenue from these ads will be paid at 55% to the creator, and 45% to Instagram. There is no word, as yet, regarding how long a user must be engaged with the live stream for the revenue to be paid.
Many would presume that the spike in online DJ and music sets, including, but not limited to, the likes of D-Nice and the Verzuz concept would have a significant role to play in the development of this revenue concept. In the month and a half between D-Nice’s March 22 DJ set (which peaked at 150,000 users) to Jill Scott and Erykah Badu’s May 9 Verzuz battle (where 750,000 users tuned in), Instagram Live engagement with well-advertised musical events grew 400%. Unless paid for by a third-party sponsor, these are events that are occurring for free.
Four Color Zack (and others) have adapted to online DJ sets. Moreover, there is potential that festivals like Coachella will either be rescheduled entirely or be streaming-only events. Instagram making a financial play to help content creators and brands having to adjust live-first activities to the current digital-only era makes sense.
Recently, DJs broadcasting live on Instagram had their sets flagged for copyright violations. As of May 28, DJs have been advised to play 90-second clips of music. Furthermore, they have reminded users that “people also have access to a library of custom music and sound effects at no cost using [parent company] Facebook’s Sound Collection.”
Badges will begin testing next month with a small group of creators and businesses. Over the coming months, it will expand across the US, Brazil, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Turkey, Spain, and Mexico. Instagram asks content creators wanting to be considered for Badges access to fill out this form.
Within the past month, numerous updates to Instagram’s relationship with the DJ community have occurred. This is likely the first of many updates on a creative and financial level between the portal and the creative community.
Related Post: D-Nice’s Instagram Live Set Goes Viral
Developed by Prokofiev in 2006, Concerto For Turntables & Orchestra is a piece of classical music which features a DJ taking the role of lead soloist. The five-movement piece highlights scratching, phrasing, beat juggling, melodic tone play, and scratch drumming. Following in the line of DJ Yoda‘s inaugural 2007 performance, it has been performed either in-part or full, some 75 times in the past decade.
Watch a preview of the performance above and order the album here.
Related Post: DJ Brace Performs Turntablism Set With Orchestra
Fong Fong. (Source: Boom City)
British creative collective Boom City has released the latest episode of their documentary series, Inside Turntablists. This episode features Fong Fong, a French turntablist and the 2012 DMC Online World Champion.
In the episode, the veteran DJ tells the story of how he got his start, the origin of his name, and his other passion, video games. In addition to battling, he also regularly updates his YouTube channel with new routines and product reviews.
Watch the episode and a routine from Fong Fong below.
Touring open-format DJ/producer Spryte is back with another installment of his vlog series, My DJcities with DJ Spryte. In this episode, Spryte shares some of his travel essentials and talks to a talent buyer about gig-booking etiquette.
Watch the episode above and stay tuned for more from DJ Spryte.
Last week, the R.O.A.D. Podcast brought their show to the nightclubs of Las Vegas for some live interviews. In this segment, the crew asked both local and out-of-town DJs a very pressing question, what is your go-to song when you need to run to the restroom during a gig?
On the debut episode of Selectors, London’s DJ Volatile spoke to UK’s renowned DJ, Treble T. The BBC Radio 1Xtra veteran presenter and Rampage Sound host explained what he considers to be the real value of vinyl records.
Treble also discussed how he adapted, survived, and flourished when all of his music was taken from him at a time when it was nearly impossible to replace.
Watch the first episode of Selectors above and stay tuned for more from DJ Volatile.
On this week’s episode of the MikiDz Podcast, UK radio personality Charlie Sloth pays the crew a visit. They discuss his come up on BBC Radio 1, his Fire In The Booth freestyle sessions, the London club scene, and more.
The MikiDz Podcast is a talk-show that discusses news and topics in the DJ and nightlife industries. It is hosted by MikiWAR, DJ Dainjazone, and DJ Rell. The MikiDz Show, which is also hosted by Miki and Dainjazone, features live performances from the world’s most-skilled DJs.
Howl is a DJ/producer from Joensuu, Finland. He is part of the Finnish DJ collective OUSNAP! and works as a booker/promoter at one of the most notable...
YG. (Source: Instagram) YG - SWAG Compton's finest honors Colin Kaepernick in the music video of this summertime bop. Rema - Woman The Prince...
DJ Pasha is a DJ/producer from London. He has had played at top clubs across Europe, including in London, Mykonos, and Marseille. Stream or download hi...
DJ Ikz is an open-format DJ from Krakow, Poland. He was the 2015 IDA vice champion in the show category. Stream or download his DJcity Podcast mix belo...
DJ Swerve is a DJ/Producer from London. He has hosted on Kiss FM for 20 years and performed at all the major Kisstory events in Ibiza, Marbella, and Ma...
Kieron J is an open-format DJ from Wolverhampton, UK. He has performed across the UK and has held residencies in Marbella, Spain. Stream or download hi...
DJ Greg is a DJ/Producer who hails from the Caribbean and currently lives in Paris. He has played at Caribbean festivals such as All Day in Guadalupe...
DJcity has launched a new desktop application to enhance the functionality of the Crate feature, which enables batch downloads. Key features: - A...
DJ MNOW is a Polish DJ who primarily produces disco beats. In 2015, he was featured at the Sopot Film Festival where he showcased his musical project f...
DJ Fifty is a DJ/turntablist from Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal. He is currently the resident DJ for the "Swag On" parties that take place in Lisbon and Po...