DJcity France ambassador and 2020 Red Bull 3Style France Champion, Mystykal Kut launches his “Reminds You” DJ Challenge in partnership with DJcity, Serato, 12inch Skinz & Red Bull. The challenge is open to DJ’s worldwide.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Download the DJ Pack HERE.
2. Record your video routine with at least one element from this pack (Acapella, Instrumental, Guitar Solo, Vocoder)
3. Upload your video on Instagram with the hashtag #RemindsYouDJChallenge and tag @mystykalkut. Deadline is 30th September 11:59 CET Time
1st Prize – 1 pair of 12inch Skinz Custom PHASE control records (with their own Logo or Picture), 1 Serato Sample License, 1 Nethub Hoodie, and some energy with Red Bull.
2nd Prize – 1 Serato Sample License, 1 pair of Serato Control Vinyl, and some energy with Red Bull.
3rd Prize – 1 Serato Sample License, and some energy with Red Bull.
The Judges are: Mystykal Kut, B.Kut, Fong Fong, DJ Noise, DJ Ewone, and DJ Stresh.
We’ve teamed up with Mr Eazi to give away three pairs of tickets (1 pair for each show) for his upcoming UK tour Lagos 2 London.
13th November – Manchester
15th November – Birmingham
17th November – London
For a chance to win a pair of tickets, follow DJcity UK on Instagram, then like and share the DJcity UK Instagram post using ONE of the below hashtags for your chosen city.
#Lagos2London13 – Manchester
#Lagos2London15 – Birmingham
#Lagos2London17 – London
Winners will be chosen at random and notified prior to the event.
Related Post: Mr Eazi Drops New Single ‘Supernova’
Gear Porn is a new weekly live stream that tackles technical questions related to DJing, VJing, and live performing. It is hosted by Ray a.k.a. Arkaei, a Polish artist who has written articles for DJWORX.
To kick off the live stream, Gear Porn has launched a competition to win a high-performance laptop and a trip to the Sample Music Festival in Berlin.
How to enter the “20 Bars of Awesome” contest:
– Film a video of yourself performing a routine that is 20 bars long (two-bar intro, two-bar outro, and 16 bars in between).
– Use software that runs on a laptop. The winner will have to use the laptop that they win during the second part of the battle, which will take place at the Sample Music Festival between August 16 and 18.
– Send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 6, 2019.
For more info, watch the video above and review the terms and conditions here.
Related: Doc Jnr Wins ‘Move’ DJ Competition
There were a lot of impressive entries, so it wasn’t an easy decision. Shout out to all the DJs who took the time to submit a video.
Legendary award-winning DJ, broadcaster, and author DJ Semtex announces a DJ competition for his debut single “Move (Yeah Yeah Yeah)” featuring Afro B. Join the challenge for a chance to win a Hip Hop Raised Me Book, Hip Hop Raised Me Sweatshirt, and a brand new 13” MacBook Pro (128gb).
To enter, post a video on Instagram of yourself flipping Semtex’s “Move (Yeah Yeah Yeah)”. You must include the following hashtag in your post:
Entries are due by Saturday, April 27 at midnight GMT. DJcity will announce the winner on Sunday, April 28.
Doc Jnr (above) is the first official entry.
The talented UK artist Donae’o announces his mix competition for his latest single “Chalice”. The competition is open to DJs and producers to make a mix, mash-up, or remix of his club banger.
The winner will win £200 cash, a chance to work with Donae’o himself, and a dubplate of “Chalice”. Four runner-ups will also get a duplate of “Chalice”.
The link for the instrumental and acapella of the single can be found on Donaeo’s Instagram page. To enter, all you have to do is post your entries on Instagram with the hashtag #chalicemixchallenge and @Donaeo in the post.
The competition closes on 21st December and the winner will be announced by Donae’o on 22nd December.
UK DJ and producer Nathan Dawe announces his annual DJ Competition “Step Forward”. This competition aims to give a DJ a higher platform to perform on, whilst also giving them some extra tools to be able to push themselves further. Last years competition was won by Alfie Cridland & Caimen Kinder. They both received a support set at Nathan Dawe’s first ever headline show at the O2 Institute in Birmingham. This year it’s bigger!
– A support set at Nathan Dawe’s Headline #0121 Show at the O2 Academy in Birmingham in front of 3000 people.
– A support set at Nathan Dawe’s Headline Show at the O2 Islington Academy in London.
– A support set at one of the Nathan Dawe live dates at Plus Club in Zante 2019.
– A headline set on the VVIP Yacht Party in Zante 2019 – courtesy of A-List Zante.
– A Year Premium Subscription to Mixcloud – courtesy of Mixcloud.
– 6 Month Subscription to DJcity UK – courtesy of DJcity.
– A one-to-one session with Nathan Dawe, where he will offer his advice, and discuss your future vision.
– A professional promo video and press shot pack to make sure you have the best content to use in your future marketing – courtesy of EV Pro.
HOW TO ENTER:
– Submit a mix, the first track of your mix MUST BE, Nathan Dawe’s – Cheatin’ (Available on iTunes or DJcity).
– Your mix must not exceed 30 minutes in length.
– Your mix must be uploaded to your own account on MIXCLOUD ONLY. Entries on other streaming platforms (ie. Soundcloud will not be counted).
– Your mix must be uploaded to one account only and must be exclusive to the competition.
– Your mix must be titled with the following ONLY – “Step Forward DJ Competition 2018 for Nathan Dawe” – Failure to use the correct title will result in your mix not being found and subsequently you will not be entered into the competition.
– The artwork for your mix MUST be the design we have made for you. This is available on the Mixcloud competition page or by clicking HERE.
– All entries must be uploaded and available online by 05/12/18.
– Your mix can consist of just one specific genre or include many different genres. Be creative.
– The use of your personal DJ Tags/Jingles is perfectly fine, and encouraged.
– Share and Promote your mix as much as possible, be proud.
For more information on the competition go to the official website.
THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON 09/12/18.
British DJ, producer, and platinum selling artist Charlotte Devaney is looking for an official remix for her latest collaboration with Rich the Kid “Avocado”. She has teamed up with Serato in order to deliver this remix contest. See further information on the competition below:
– The winner will win a copy of serato’s latest plugin “SERATO SAMPLE”
– The winning submission will be released as an official remix on Karma London Records.
– The winner will be promoted via social media.
– Charlotte Devaney will choose the winning entry.
– Entries will be judged on creativity and quality.
All entries must be submitted no later than March 23, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. GMT. The finalists will be announced on March 26 and the winner will be announced on March 30.
Submit your remix for the contest at www.avocado.rocks/remix.
Doto is an open-format DJ from Avellino, Italy. He was the 2019 Red Bull Music 3Style national finalist and has performed in many local clubs nearby hi...
DJ Pasha is a DJ/producer from London. He has had played at top clubs across Europe, including in London, Mykonos, and Marseille. Stream or download hi...
Moody Mike hails from Paris. He has opened for artists such as Kendrick Lamar, Sean Paul and Pitbull. For this weeks podcast he has included a special...
Fat Joe & DJ Khaled ft. Amorphous; prod. Cool & Dre - Sunshine (The Light) The viral mashup gets cleared and picked up as an official instrumental f...
DJcity has launched a new desktop application to enhance the functionality of the Crate feature, which enables batch downloads. Key features: - A...
DJ Karr is a DJ/producer from Italy who currently resides in London. He has made guest appearances at clubs such as Cirque Le Soir, Maddox, STK (Ibiza)...
Ben Rainey is a DJ/producer from Leeds, UK. 2020 has seen his Spotify and YouTube livestream platforms generate a huge following, receiving support fro...
Halfhead is a hip-hop DJ, based in Catania, Italy. He is a resident DJ of the largest hip-hop party in Southern Italy, 095HOTLINE. Stream or download h...
DJ Greg is a DJ/Producer who hails from the Caribbean and currently lives in Paris. He has played at Caribbean festivals such as All Day in Guadalupe...
KidCutUp. (Source: Instagram) G-Eazy ft. Blueface - West Coast The Bay Area rapper recruits Blueface for his first new song of 2019. Benny Blan...