Numark has announced the “Scratch,” an affordable two-channel mixer designed to work with Serato DJ Pro.
The Scratch features a mini Innofader crossfader, hardware filters, and other pro features like XLR main outs and a dedicated booth output.
The Scratch unlocks the full DVS functionality of Serato DJ Pro. Four performance pads deliver hot cue triggering, loop rolls, and access to the SP8 sampler. A pair of loop encoders can also be used to select and load tracks. Additionally, the Scratch offers instant access to six effects in Serato DJ Pro, trigged by two-way paddle switches.
Although the Scratch was just announced, it is available in stores now, priced at $499.
Related Post: Serato Announces Serato DJ Pro 2.2 Public Beta
Numark’s DJ2GO2 is a portable, all-in-one controller for Serato DJ. It is intended for beginner DJs or professionals who want a backup controller or something to make mixes with while on the road. It’s only $80, but is it worth it? Find out on this week’s episode of Tips and Tricks.
Related: Serato Releases Serato DJ Pro
Numark announced two new additions to their DJ hardware lineup on Monday: The NS6II controller and the NTX1000 turntable.
The original NS6 was one of the first pro-level four-channel controllers for Serato software. However, although it is still supported in Serato DJ today, the hardware is a little dated by comparison to the rest of Numark’s range. With the new version, the NS6II is brought to the cutting edge, while retaining a similar size and feature set to the popular original.
The NS6II’s highlights include dual USB ports for easy DJ switchovers and displays in the jog wheels that provide track and playhead info. It will be available in the summer for $699.
NS6II key features
– Two USB ports for DJ handoffs or multiple computer connections
– Two color LCD track status displays for each jog wheel
– Capacitive touch knobs for instant effects and EQ kills
– Four channels with filter knobs and filter effects
– Roll bar to protect front panel control knobs
– Stand-alone digital mixing 24-bit, 44.1k audio (no computer required)
– Two stereo RCA inputs with DVS-ready phono preamp
– Two dedicated quarter-inch mic inputs with EQ
– Balanced XLR outputs, RCA booth outputs, and master outputs
– Class-compliant drivers (plug-and-play)
– Includes Serato DJ (full version)
The other product that debuted on Monday is an unexpected new addition to the vinyl turntable market: The NTX1000. Taking design cues from classic Numark products like the NS7 and TTX turntables, the NTX1000 promises pro-level performance at an affordable price.
It includes features that you would expect in a pro turntable in 2017, such as variable pitch range up to +/-50%, and adjustable start and stop times. The 2.5 pound platter and 4.0 KGF/CM direct drive motor are intended to work together to give solid, stable performance. The deck body is designed to resist vibration in professional environments.
Priced at just $399 a piece, the NTX1000 has the potential to shake up the turntable scene in a big way. Look out for a review on DJcityTV as soon as it arrives in Q3 2017.
NTX1000 key features
– Full-size 12-inch 2.5 pound platter ensures rock-steady speed accuracy
– Professional 4.0 KGF/CM high-torque motor
– Two-speed design: 33 1/3 and 45 RPM
– S-shaped tonearm for accurate tracking
– Damped cueing and anti-skate control
– Adjustable pitch range: ±8%, 16%, 50%
– Start and stop brake controls
– Dust cover
– Switchable power: 100~230V, 50~60Hz
Watch Numark’s promo video for the NS6II below.
Related: Numark NVII Controller Review
Mojaxx has reviewed the Jesse Dean Designs JDDX2RS fader for a special episode of Tips and Tricks. Unlike Jesse Dean’s external JDDX2R fader, which works with all portable setups, the JDDX2RS is designed specifically for the Numark PT01 Scratch turntable.
In 2014, Numark broke ground by introducing built-in displays to its NV controller. The device has proved very popular, but integrated screens are now a common feature in the market.
Numark has released the PT01 Scratch, the first commercially available, all-in-one portablism turntable. It builds on the company’s previous PT01 USB turntable and includes the following key features, some of which are new.
– Built-in “Scratch Slide Switch,” which eliminates the need for an external fader. The switch is adjustable for either regular and hamster-style scratching.
– Built-in speaker
– 1/8-inch stereo input, so you can connect your phone or any audio source to play a background beat.
– RCA output, so that you can connect to external hardware.
– Headphone output
The PT01’s suggested retail price is $129, just $30 more than the PT01 USB. Watch Numark’s demo video below and learn more on their website.
Numark has introduced the Mixtrack Platinum, a new Serato DJ-enabled controller with high-definition LCD displays, four-deck capability, and touch-capacitive jog wheels.
The Mixtrack Platinum builds on the company’s popular Mixtrack 3 and Mixtrack 3 Pro controllers and retails for only $299 USD.
“The LCD readouts and those one-of-a-kind touch-capacitive platters give the DJ instant feedback and ultimate control,” Numark’s Senior Product Manager Chris Roman said in a press release. “This is a fun-to-use, pro-level controller at an incredible value that will be a hit with all DJs.”
– High-resolution LCD multi-function displays on each jog wheel
– Dual five-inch metal platters with exclusive touch-capacitance response
– Four-deck capability
– Dedicated gain and filter knobs for each channel
– Independent transport controls
– 24-bit audio output—ready to go out of the box
– Includes Serato DJ Intro (Serato DJ Upgrade Ready)
– Includes Prime Loops remix tool kit
– Multi-function touch strip for dynamic FX control and Strip Search 100mm pitch controls
– 16 multi-function performance pads
– Multiple FX manipulation
– Dedicated track browsing controls from your library
– Integrated class compliant audio interface with 1/4″ and 1/8″ headphone connections
Watch Numark’s promo video below and learn more on their website.
Related: Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 Reviewed
DJcityTV’s Mojaxx reviews the Numark Dashboard, a Serato DJ accessory designed to prevent DJs from staring at their laptops and focus on the crowd. The product is compatible with dozens of controllers and mixers on the market today.
Related: DJ QBert and Intel Aim to Rid DJ Booths of Laptops
Below is a list of the most-downloaded tracks on DJcity during August 2019. To receive these updates via email, click here. 1. Megan Thee Stallion...
Major Lazer at the Encore Beach Club in Las Vegas (Source: Instagram) Makasi & Gregoir Cruz ft. Tima Dee - Manos En Mi This steamy moombahton singl...
SONYA is a Dubai-based DJ from Poland. She is a resident at Caesars Palace's Cove Beach in Dubai and Las Vegas. SONYA has also performed for brands suc...
The official DJcity Linkup is back in the UAE. After the success of the April event, we have joined forces with Sample Music Festival to deliver an...
Whether touring the world, playing the best in new music weekly on KISS Fresh, or performing to 10,000+ at Wembley, Dixon Brothers never forget that it...
Boys Noize at The Parish in Austin (Source: Instagram) Fat Joe, Cardi B & Anuel AA - YES The legendary rapper connects with two younger stars for a...
Below is a list of the most-downloaded tracks on DJcity UK during August 2019. This list contains many deep house, UK funky, house, and hiphop tracks t...
DARKNIGHTINMARCH is a DJ from Verona, Italy. She's a resident at the BSMNT party at Latte Più and Social Club in Brescia. She also DJs for the fashion...
DJ Chama is from Turin, Italy. He's a resident at Kogin's Club and Kubo in Turin, and Tocqueville 13 in Milan. Stream or download his DJcity Podcast mi...
DJ MDEE hails from Catanzaro and currently resides in Milan, Italy.He is resident at Just Cavalli and Tocqueville Club in Milan. Stream or download hi...