Travis Scott performing at the Rolling Loud festival in Queens, New York on October 12, 2019. (Source: Facebook)
2019 saw Rolling Loud expand to events in Los Angeles, Miami, the Bay Area, and New York City. The five-year-old festival’s longest-standing proceedings, in Miami, were broadcast via SiriusXM this year. The partnership proved successful enough to continue.
From Friday, December 13 – Monday, December 16, SiriusXM’s Hip-Hop Nation (ch. 44) will be rebranded as Rolling Loud Radio. This weekend’s channel 44 programming will feature backstage interviews and live performances from artists such as DaBaby, Future, Wale, Young Thug, YG, Megan Thee Stallion, Lil Baby, Lil Yachty, Lil Skies, Lil Tecca, Polo G, Smokepurpp, and more.
Furthermore, in 2020, SiriusXM’s Hip Hop Nation (ch. 44) will feature Rolling Loud’s co-founders, Tariq Cherif and Matt Zingler hosting their own weekly two-hour mix show. The broadcast intends to highlight the culture of Rolling Loud with songs, artist interviews, and special commentary.
“My team and I have been working with Rolling Loud co-founders Tariq Cherif and Matt Zingler on many levels for a long time to help make this partnership happen,” noted SiriusXM Host, Sway Calloway. “They’ve helped to enhance and put a spotlight on the live performance aspect of hip-hop music in a huge way with their festival, the biggest of its kind, and we are excited to work with them to bring what they’ve created to our SiriusXM subscribers.”
Related Post: Drake, SiriusXM, and Pandora Announce Partnership
Drake (Source: Instagram)
Drake, one of the world’s biggest stars, and SiriusXM, “the world’s largest audio entertainment company,” have announced an extensive creative partnership.
The partnership, which will start rolling out later this year, will include a dedicated station, curated music, and collaborations with creative talent.
The deal will mark the first major artist collaboration between SiriusXM and Pandora since the companies merged earlier this year. The partnership is also the largest agreement both brands have signed with a major artist to date.
With the addition of Pandora, the largest music streaming service in the US, SiriusXM reaches more than 100 million people with its audio products.
Related Post: SiriusXM Completes Acquisition of Pandora
SiriusXM has completed its $3.5 billion acquisition of music streaming service Pandora. News of the proposed merger was announced last September.
With the deal done, SiriusXM is now the “world’s largest audio entertainment company,” according to the press release.
“This is a tremendous outcome for two organizations with complementary platforms and large audiences, and we could not be more excited to be moving forward as one company,” said SiriusXM CEO Jim Meyer. “… SiriusXM now reaches more than 100 million people across its audio products. That is a powerful platform for consumers, content creators and advertisers,” he added.
For now, there will be no immediate changes to the way SiriusXM and Pandora operate. However, the satellite radio company will explore ways to bring together the best of both services.
“Importantly, the premier products that SiriusXM and Pandora listeners have enjoyed for years are not changing. That said, good things come from being together, and we look forward to creating new unique audio packages that combine our strengths and offer an even wider range of content to our listeners,” said Meyer.
SiriusXM currently offers over 175 channels of music, live sports, news, and talk radio. One of its premier stations is Pitbull’s Globalization, which can be heard on channel 13. It features a variety of hit music from around the world and a unique selection of daily DJ mix shows.
Globalization’s mixers includes DJcity staff members Kidd Spin and DJ Santarosa, as well as DJcity contributors and subscribers. DJcity’s President, Edwin “DJ Phenom” Paredes, also serves as the channel’s program director.
Related: SiriusXM Buys Pandora
The merger will help SiriusXM expand its presence beyond vehicles into the home and mobile areas. On the flip side, Pandora will be able to utilize SiriusXM’s automotive relationships to expand its service to cars.
According to SiriusXM’s press release, the deal “creates the world’s largest audio entertainment company.”
Jim Meyer, CEO of SiriusXM, said:
“The addition of Pandora diversifies SiriusXM’s revenue streams with the U.S.’s largest ad-supported audio offering, broadens our technical capabilities, and represents an exciting next step in our efforts to expand our reach out of the car even further. … Together, we will deliver even more of the best content on radio to our passionate and loyal listeners, and attract new listeners, across our two platforms.”
Roger Lynch, CEO of Pandora, said:
“We’ve made tremendous progress in our efforts to lead in digital audio. Together with SiriusXM, we’re even better positioned to take advantage of the huge opportunities we see in audio entertainment, including growing our advertising business and expanding our subscription offerings.”
Chris Villa performs at the Cobra Arcade Bar in Phoenix on Friday, July 13. (Source: Facebook)
Fresh off dropping a mix for the DJcity Podcast, Chris Villa stopped by Shade 45’s Sway in the Morning on Friday in New York City to perform a live set. The DJcity Arizona rep threw down a turntablist-friendly half-hour mix consisting of mostly throwback hip-hop and R&B.
Listen to it below.
1. Snoop Dogg ft. The Dramatics & Tha Dogg Pound – Doggy Dogg World
2. Big Pun ft. Fat Joe – Big Pun – Twinz (Deep Cover ’98)
3. A Tribe Called Quest – Scenario
4. Q-Tip – Vivrant Thing
5. JAY-Z ft. Pharrell – Excuse Me Miss
6. Jermaine Dupri ft. JAY-Z – Money Ain’t a Thang
7. N.O.R.E. – Nothin’
8. Kanye West ft. T-Pain – Good Life
9. Yung Joc – It’s Goin’ Down
10. Camp Lo – Luchini – This Is it
11. The Diplomats ft. Cam’ron & Jim Jones – I Really Mean It
12. Cam’ron ft. Juelz Santana – Oh Boy
13. Luniz ft. Michael Marshall – I Got 5 On It
14. Rick James – Mary Jane
15. The Gap Band – Outstanding
16. Aaliyah – Back & Forth
17. Soul for Real – Candy Rain
18. Paula Abdul – Straight Up
19. J. Cole – Work Out
20. Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg – Nuthin’ but a G Thang
21. Gang Starr – Full Clip
22. Gang Starr – Mass Appeal
23. M.O.P. – Ante Up (Robbin-Hoodz Theory)
24. Pharoahe Monch – Simon Says
25. A$AP Ferg – Work
26. Kendrick Lamar ft. Jay Rock – Money Trees
27. Do or Die – Po Pimp
28. Crucial Conflict – Hay
29. Three 6 Mafia – Poppin’ My Collar
30. UGK ft. Outkast – International Players Anthem (I Choose You)
31. UGK ft. Outkast – International Players Anthem (I Choose You) – eSenTRIK Remix
32. 50 Cent – What Up Gangsta
DJ KA5 performs on Shade 45’s Sway in the Morning in New York City on July 24, 2018. (Source: DJ KA5)
DJcity’s Miami representative DJ KA5 put down a throwback-heavy hip-hop set on Shade 45’s Sway in the Morning in New York City on Tuesday. His 40-minute mix featured clever word play transitions and a variety of classic party tracks, including several of his edits.
Listen to his set below.
1. Kanye West – RoboCop
2. Dr. Dre ft. Eminem – Forgot About Dre – DJ KA5 Acapella Out
3. Gary Glitter – Rock And Roll (Part 1 & 2) – DJ KA5 Edit
4. Marilyn Manson – The Beautiful People – DJ KA5 Black Skinhead Klutch Blend
5. Rae Sremmurd – Look Alive – Acap Intro
6. BlocBoy JB ft. Drake – Look Alive – DJ KA5 Edit
7. Lil Uzi Vert – XO TOUR Llif3 – DJ KA5 Edit
8. Drake – God’s Plan
9. Gucci Mane ft. Plies – Wasted – DJ KA5 Edit
10. The Offspring – Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) – DJ KA5 Edit
11. Plies ft. Ne-Yo – Bust It Baby Pt. 2 – DJ KA5 Edit
12. Tory Lanez – B.I.D – DJ KA5 Edit
13. Lil’ Wil – Bust It Open – DJ KA5 Edit
14. Big Tuck – Not a Stain on Me – DJ KA5 Edit
15. Ray Jr. ft. Ducky Smallz – Sloppy – DJ KA5 Edit
16. G-Eazy ft. A$AP Rocky, French Montana, Juicy J, & Belly – No Limit Remix – DJ KA5 Edit
17. G-Eazy ft. A$AP Rocky & Cardi B – No Limit – Audio1 Make ‘Em Say Uhh! VIP Edit
18. Charli XCX – Boom Clap – Acap Intro
19. Young Jeezy ft. Mannie Fresh – And Then What – DJ KA5 Edit
20. JAY-Z – Izzo (H.O.V.A.) – CFLO Super Short Edit
21. Kanye West ft. Talib Kweli & Common – Get Em High – Nick Bike Acapella In/Out
22. Kanye West – Dark Fantasy – NASA Drop First Edit
23. Prodigy – Keep It Thoro – DJ KA5 Edit
24. Aloe Blacc – I Need a Dolla – DJ KA5 Edit
25. Christina Aguilera – Genie in a Bottle – DJ KA5 Acap Out
26. The Notorious B.I.G. & 50 Cent – The Realest Niggas – DJ KA5 Edit
27. Kid Ink ft. DeJ Loaf – Be Real – DJ KA5 Edit
28. Mary J. Blige ft. The Notorious B.I.G. – Real Love (Remix)
29. Cypress Hill – Dr. Greenthumb
30. Linkin Park – In The End – Acapella
31. Ameriie – 1 Thing – DJ KA5 Edit
32. Missy Elliott – Work It – DJ Rukus Acapella Out
33. Beastie Boys – Paul Revere – Audio1 Edit
34. Sir Mix-a-Lot – Posse On Broadway
35. Zapp & Roger ft. Shirley Murdock & Charlie Wilson – Computer Love
36. LL Cool J – I Need Love
37. Post Malone ft. 2 Chainz – Money Made Me Do It – FCZ It’s Strange Bootleg
38. Fugees – Fu-Gee-La – David Begun vs Brett B Bootleg
39. Beyoncé ft. JAY-Z – Drunk in Love – DJ Baysik Mas Tomate Edit
Rihanna This week's edition of Beatsource’s TBT Hits features love-themed tracks for Valentine's Day. ❤️ LL Cool J - I Need Love One of LL's fir...
New tracks that DJs should know about.
Below is a list of the most-downloaded tracks on DJcity during January 2020. To receive these updates via email, click here. 1. Justin Bieber - Yumm...
Italian turntablist DJ Delta returns with an extended episode of his video mix series, 20 Minutes With DJ Delta. In this edition, the 2016 Red Bull Mus...
New tracks that DJs should know about.
German DJ/producer, DEFRA, has returned with another creative routine for DJcityTV. In this performance, the 34-year-old turntablist cuts up a mix of n...
Avicii Check out this week’s edition of Beatsource’s TBT Hits list: The Game ft. 50 Cent - How We Do This Dr. Dre-produced anthem is one of The...
Major Lazer continues to release vibes in line with Carnival season. The Diplo-led group pairs with Brazilian artists Anitta and MC Lan for "Rave de Fa...
After dropping "Tocame" as a DJcity Exclusive earlier last year, Sak Noel and his Barnaton labelmates Salvi and Franklin Dam have officially released t...
Busy P performing at the XOYO Club in London. (Source: Facebook) Earlier this week, Britain's Home Office announced that EU artists and performers wil...