If you’re a DJ or music producer running into typical issues DJs have during sets and producers have while working on tracks — acapellas, instrumentals, and other separated sections of tracks are required, Serato files are corrupt — you’re in luck.
Foremost, Stemverter 2 allows a DJ or producer to separate any song into its stems (Acapella, Instrumental, Drums, Bass, Piano, and Transients) using a simple drag and drop interface. Unlike other stem separation solutions on the market, Stemverter 2 converts files using local processing power and outputs files as hard copies for music production or live DJ sets. The latest version adds the ability for a user to batch convert files, choose between WAV or MP3 output, and employs ID3 cloning and smart file naming to make file management much easier for the user. It also supports macOS 10.12 Sierra – 11.3 Big Sur (Intel only).
3vise allows DJs one-click capability to scan and repair mp3s and “scrub” problematic ID3 metadata. Users can repair the source file in place, meaning they will not have to relocate the files or make any changes to their DJ libraries.
Stemverter 2 is a free upgrade for all Stemverter v1.1 users. For those who have not previously used the app, it is priced at $69. As for 3vise, it is available as a 100% FREE Download and supports macOS 10.12 Sierra – 11.3 Big Sur.
Related Post: Updated DJcity Desktop App Available Now
(Source: DJ Rhy Rhy)
Vancouver’s DJ Rhy Rhy has delivered an upbeat, vibey mix for the DJcity Podcast. Her half-hour set is full of unique edits of R&B and Afrobeats hits.
Rhy Rhy has made a name for herself throughout Western Canada through numerous club residencies and an opening set at the Red Bull 3Style Canada Finals in 2020. Currently, she stays busy with live sets on her Twitch channel.
1. Ella Mai – Shot Clock – BRII Edit
2. Summer Walker ft. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie – Stretch You Out – esentrik Edit
3. Saweetie ft. Jhené Aiko – Back To The Streets
4. PARTYNEXTDOOR ft. Drake – Loyal – esentrik Edit
5. Marques Houston – That Girl – BRII Edit
6. T.Pain – I’m Sprung – Lardow Edit
7. Tory Lanez ft. T.Pain – Jerry Sprunger
8. TLC – No Scrubs – Chamos Flip – DJ HOMEWRECKR Intro Edit
9. Tory Lanez – LUV – Don Mayor edit
10. Drake & Future – Big Mood – MXTT HALL & esentrik Edit
11. J Hus ft. Burna Boy – Play Play
12. WizKid ft. Major Lazer – Naughty Ride
13. Koffee ft. Gunna – W
Related Post: DATGUYRY Drops ‘DJcity Podcast’ Mix
Vancouver’s DATGUYRY has delivered a hard-hitting mix for the DJcity Podcast. His set features edits by some of DJcity’s top producers, spanning hip-hop, moombahton, twerk, and more.
Originally from Manila, Philippines, DATGUYRY moved to Vancouver, British Columbia at the age of 15 and developed his passion for music through the breakdancing community. He has since made a name for himself in Vancouver and beyond, with residencies throughout British Columbia’s tri-cities area.
1. JAY-Z & Beyonce – 03′ Bonnie & Clyde – DJ KIDY & Skyjet Remix
2. Juvenile Juvenile ft. Lil Wayne & Mannie Fresh – Back That Thang Up – ETX 2019 Reggaeton Remix
3. Mr. Vegas – She’s A H# – Anthem Kingz Yous A H#e Edit
4. Busta Rhymes – Touch It – Anthem Kingz Water Edit
5. 2Pac 2Pac ft. Dr. Dre & Roger Troutman – California Love – Spryte Dance Floor Bootleg
6. Fat Joe ft. Nelly – Get It Poppin’ – Fresco Remix
7. Jeremih & 50 Cent – Down On Me – Fresco Remix
8. Kanye West – Good Life – Lincoln Baio Further Up Bootleg
9. Kanye West ft. Ray Charles – Gold Digger – Richastic Remix
10. Ludacris ft. Shawnna – Stand Up – Fresco Remix
11. Pharoahe Monch – Simon Says – Richastic Remix
12. T.I. – Bring Em Out – DJ Bizzon C#ño Edit
13. Yung Joc – It’s Goin’ Down – MarkCutz Remix
14. Pop Smoke ft. Lil Tjay – Mood Swings – MarkCutz Moombah Edit
Related Post: JACE Delivers ‘DJcity Podcast’ Mix
Vancouver-based JACE has dropped a heavy hip-hop mix for the DJcity Podcast. The mix was recorded live and aims to recreate the nightclub energy that JACE has been missing over the past year.
1. 2 Chainz ft. Kanye West & Brent Faiyaz – Feel A Way
2. Disclosure, Kehlani & Syd – Birthday
3. Don Toliver – No Idea
4. Young Stoner Life, Young Thug & Gunna – Ski
5. Internet Money ft. Don Toliver, Nav & Gunna – Lemonade
6. Kid Cudi ft. Skepta & Pop Smoke – Show Out
7. CJ – Whoopty
8. Migos ft. YoungBoy Never Broke Again – Need It
9. DaBaby ft. Young Thug – Blind
10. Don Toliver – After Party
11. Cardi B – Up
12. Moneybagg Yo ft. Future – Hard For The Next
13. Turbo, Gunna & Young Thug – Quarantine Clean
14. Carnage ft. Tyga, Shoreline Mafia & Takeoff – Hella Neck
15. J.I The Prince of N.Y – Need Me
16. Mya ft. Jay-Z – Best Of Me (Part 2)
17. Ty Dolla $ign ft. Jhené Aiko & Mustard – By Yourself – Trayze Best Of Me Edit
18. Pop Smoke ft. Karol G – Enjoy Yourself
19. Layton Greene, Lil Baby & City Girls ft. PNB Rock – Leave Em Alone
20. Saweetie ft. Jhené Aiko – Back To The Streets
21. 1TakeJay ft. Kalan.FrFr. – Baby
22. Roddy Ricch – The Box – Adam Doubleyou & Nick Bike Controlla Bootleg
23. Austin Marc – Chi Flip
24. Lil Tjay ft. 6lack – Calling My Phone
25. Laya – Crazy Down
Related Post: DJ Harley Beretta Drops ‘DJcity Podcast’ Mix
(Source: Denon DJ)
Denon DJ has just announced their latest controller, the LC6000 PRIME. Bearing many similarities to its renowned SC6000 PRIME, the Denon DJ LC6000 PRIME is billed as “the world’s most versatile DJ controller,” capable of bringing “professional club-style layout, design, and control to both standalone and laptop-based DJ workflows.”
The controller features a stacked dual-layer waveform display, ensuring correct information for each track is clearly displayed around the larger waveforms. The 8.5” jog wheel, multi-function performance pads, 100mm dual-precision pitch fader, and navigation control allows for more creative mix control. Also, the entire set-up is powered by a single USB connection.
In related news, Serato has released Serato DJ Pro 2.5.1, which brings support for the LC6000 PRIME as an Official Serato Accessory.
Watch Mojaxx’s review of the Denon DJ LC6000 PRIME below.
Via vinyl synthesis, Type has innovated playing and sequencing a vinyl record like a synthesizer with the new features of Ableton Live 11. Vestax PDX-3000 and Technics SL-1210 turntables are impressively used to sync the beats of two distinctively different tracks to demonstrate the possibilities of vinyl synthesis. The Vestax PDX-3000 plays the melody of Daft Punk‘s 1995 single “Da Funk,” which morphs into the bass arpeggio of Donna Summer‘s 1978 classic “I Feel Love” because the analog pitch of the Technics SL-1210 changes the speed of the drums and Ableton Live 11 — via the Tempo Follower feature — stays in sync.
To pull off this impressive feat, a few pieces of hardware are required. Foremost, a turntable with MIDI pitch control — the Vestax Controller One / PDX-3000 or Reloop RP-8000 — is essential. An audio and MIDI interface is needed to connect the audio from the mixer and control the MIDI turntable. As well, a MIDI controller is key.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / 11 Standard requires MIDI Envelope, Utility, and Auto Filter plugins to allow for this work to occur. Plus, a vinyl with a synth tone in the locked groove — commonly found in Battle Breaks / DJ Tools is key to allowing this DJ skill to be performed.
The tools and skills he used in the demo are available for free on his website. Type has also included a detailed breakdown of how he accomplished this.
Watch the three-minute video above.
Related Post: Watch a Demonstration of Ableton’s Link Technology
In this episode of Tips and Tricks, we dive into the world of DJ lighting as Mojaxx reviews the MobilePar Mini Hex 4 fixtures from ColorKey. These batt...
New tracks that DJs should know about.
Italian DJ/producer John Type has demonstrated Ableton Live 11 in a creative video. Via vinyl synthesis, Type has innovated playing and sequencing a...
In this episode of Tips and Tricks, Mojaxx takes a look at Numark's new Party Mix Live controller. The Party Mix Live work with Serato DJ Lite and Algo...
(Source: DJ Rhy Rhy) Vancouver's DJ Rhy Rhy has delivered an upbeat, vibey mix for the DJcity Podcast. Her half-hour set is full of unique edits of R&...
DJcity is excited to announce our new weekly Twitch series, First Play, which will be hosted by veteran DJcity in-house remixers KidCutUp and Eddie Boy...
Due to restrictions placed at music venues worldwide because of COVID-19, many clubs have been forced to practice social distancing by transforming the...
New tracks that DJs should know about.
After a clip resurfaced of Paris Hilton talking about her DJ career, people once again had something to say about it. This week on the MikiDZ Podcast...
Earlier this year, DJcity introduced a new and improved Remixers Page to their website. This new feature has now been added to the DJcity mobile app. T...