• Producers can enter tracks in six genres: hip-hop/trap, reggaeton, mainstage/EDM, house, techno, and drum and bass.
• The grand prize winner will receive a studio setup worth $30,000.
• Five winners from each genre will be considered for a release and promo campaign via these labels: Def Jam, Spinnin’ Records, DJcity Records, Shogun Audio, Rekids, and Nervous Records.
• 30 finalists will receive $2,500 worth of equipment from hardware and software partners such as Akai, Reason Studios, Denon DJ, and more.
Learn more here.
DJ Phenom and the Sunbird at Sunburn Pool Lounge at Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego.
Beatsource proudly announces the return of its Beatsource Playground event series featuring frequent partners Double Down Entertainment and The Roster. 2020’s COVID-19 pandemic halted the popular series, but June 26 sees it return to Wildwood, New Jersey venue The Wood, for partiers excited to be back out and about, enjoying the sun and vibes.
On Tuesday, our friends at Beatsource released the public beta of their new groundbreaking web app, Beatsource DJ. Designed to improve the DJ workflow, the app can be used for music discovery, library management, and auditioning mixes.
Watch Mojaxx provide a walkthrough of the app above.
Launch Beatsource DJ.
Try Beatsource LINK for free.
Launched in January, the series features playlists curated by the world’s most influential DJs and artists. The playlists are available exclusively on the Beatsource LINK music streaming service for open-format DJs.
The third installment of VIP Crates features playlists from:
- A-Trak, Fool’s Gold Records co-founder, Beatsource board member, GRAMMY-nominated artist
- Steve Aoki, Dim Mak Records founder, GRAMMY-nominated platinum artist
- Ron Mills, program director of SiriusXM’s Hip-Hop Nation and Shade 45
- Kast One, mixer for Hot 97’s Ebro in the Morning
- Sophia Eris, Lizzo’s official DJ
- LA Leakers, hosts of Power 106’s The Lift Off and Shade 45’s the #LEAKShow
Browse VIP Crates here.
On Monday, Serato released Serato DJ Pro 2.5 and Lite 1.5. Among other updates, both versions added support for Beatsource LINK’s offline mode, a highly anticipated feature that enables DJs to use LINK without an internet connection. Watch above to see DJcityTV’s Mojaxx provide a walkthrough of the feature.
Don’t have Beatsource LINK? Start your free trial.
Streaming is the future of DJing, but DJs need to be able to mix with or without an internet connection. Today, we’re excited to announce that Beatsource LINK’s offline mode, which enables DJs to mix without Wi-Fi, is finally available in Serato DJ. The update, which is integrated with Serato DJ Pro 2.5 and Lite 1.5, follows over a month of public beta testing.
Asher “Styles Davis” Finkel, at Beatsource, says:
“We’re super excited to be the first service to bring offline mode for streaming content to Serato DJ. We know that DJs need to build trust with streaming technology, and our offline locker will provide the stability and insurance they need. This is a watershed moment in the way DJs get music.”
Watch a tutorial on how to use the offline mode below:
Related Post: First Look: Serato DJ Pro 2.5 Public Beta
(Source: D'Maduro) Dutch DJ/producer D’Maduro and South Africa's Shaun Johannes have added soulful, modern vibes to Aaliyah's 2001 R&B classic "Rock T...
New tracks that DJs should know about.
New tracks that DJs should know about.
Due to restrictions placed at music venues worldwide because of COVID-19, many clubs have been forced to practice social distancing by transforming the...
(Source: DJ B) Dallas-based DJ B has dropped a heavy hip-hop mix for the DJcity Podcast. His half-hour set features the latest and greatest club hits...
Here at DJcity, we always strive to provide our customers with great value and the highest quality of content. We are proud to announce our new Global...
Guru Randhawa. Due to high demand from our subscribers, we are now adding South Asian music to the DJcity record pool. You can check out new South Asi...
Just in time for the truimphant return of club life, multi-platinum DJ/producer Deorro has released two massive packs of his favorite festival edits ex...
Every Thursday, Tips and Tricks host, Mojaxx showcases DJcity's brand new house releases and exclusives on DJcityTV's weekly Twitch series, DJcity in t...
Every Friday, veteran in-house remixers KidCutUp and Eddie Boy showcase DJcity's new releases and exclusives on DJcityTV's weekly Twitch series, First...