Launched in January, the series features playlists curated by the world’s most influential DJs and artists. The playlists are available exclusively on the Beatsource LINK music streaming service for open-format DJs.
The third installment of VIP Crates features playlists from:
- A-Trak, Fool’s Gold Records co-founder, Beatsource board member, GRAMMY-nominated artist
- Steve Aoki, Dim Mak Records founder, GRAMMY-nominated platinum artist
- Ron Mills, program director of SiriusXM’s Hip-Hop Nation and Shade 45
- Kast One, mixer for Hot 97’s Ebro in the Morning
- Sophia Eris, Lizzo’s official DJ
- LA Leakers, hosts of Power 106’s The Lift Off and Shade 45’s the #LEAKShow
Browse VIP Crates here.
In January, our friends at Beatsource launched VIP Crates, an on-going series of exclusive playlists curated by the world’s most influential DJs and artists. They received great feedback, and today we’re excited to bring you the second batch of crates.
Like the first installment, the second batch was curated by a diverse group of DJs and artists from around the world. The playlists are available on the Beatsource LINK music streaming service for open-format DJs.
- Sean Paul, multi-platinum, GRAMMY-winning artist
- Deorro, multi-platinum DJ/producer
- Purple Disco Machine, multi-platinum DJ/producer
- DJ Carisma, mixer at Power 106 and SiriusXM’s Hip-Hop Nation
- Smitty, official DJ for Post Malone
- Irie, official DJ for the Miami Heat
Browse VIP Crates here.
Today Beatsource announced the launch of VIP Crates, an on-going series of playlists curated by the world’s most influential DJs. Compiled exclusively for Beatsource, the playlists give insight into which tracks grace the sets of top tastemaker DJs worldwide.
To kick off the series, Beatsource has called upon a diverse group of open-format DJs from hot spots like Los Angeles, London, Las Vegas, Miami, and beyond. They include:
- Lil Jon, GRAMMY award-winning multi-platinum artist
- Tay James, Justin Bieber’s tour DJ
- DJ Amen, music director at LA’s REAL 92.3 and DJ for San Francisco 49ers
- ZHU, GRAMMY-nominated artist
- Walshy Fire, member of Major Lazer
- DJ EFN, co-host of Drinks Champs podcast
- Craig David, GRAMMY-nominated multi-platinum artist
- Charlie Sloth, host of Apple Music 1’s Charlie Sloth Rap Show
- Joel Corry, platinum artist
- Nathan Dawe, platinum artist
- James Hype, platinum artist
- DJ Javin, mixer at SiriusXM’s Globalization and Phoenix’s Power 98.3
Beatsource board member, A-Trak, says:
“VIP Crates is a perfect example of Beatsource’s brilliance. DJing is more than just keeping up with the newest releases and knowing the classics. Every DJ has their own personal go-to’s, those tracks that never leave the crates even though they never charted. Weapons, tools. Being able to tap into that with a subscription is huge.”
Kidd Spin, Beatsource’s head of curation, adds:
“DJs are often curious as to what other DJs are playing in their sets. Clubs and live shows are far and few between these days, so there’s virtually no way to know what our favorite DJs are currently into or being influenced by without a direct connection. VIP Crates gives insight into what top tastemaker DJs are feeling right now, and the varying playlists show great diversity – from all genres, eras, and styles.”
Edwin Paredes, Beatsource’s chief content officer, also commented:
“The groundswell of support we’ve received from these enormously successful artists and DJs wanting to be a part of our initial rollout of VIP Crates has been amazing. We’re looking forward to adding more influential tastemakers to the VIP Crates mix in the coming months.”
The playlists are available on the Beatsource LINK music streaming service for open-format DJs.
Browse VIP Crates here.
Wiz Khalifa. Happy 420! In celebration of the smoke-filled holiday, DJcity’s Remix Director Sir Marcus has put together a collection of weed-friendly...
New tracks that DJs should know about.
Due to restrictions placed at music venues worldwide because of COVID-19, many clubs have been forced to practice social distancing by transforming the...
Jay Bombay. (Source: Instagram) Jay Bombay, a DJcity remixer based in Belgium, recently linked up with vocalist SHRLT for his debut single "Hooked On...
(Source: Richastic) In honor of DMX, Richastic has put his signature spin on the late rapper's 1998 classic "Ruff Ryders' Anthem." The track was one o...
(Source: DJ Harley Beretta) Philadelphia-based DJ Harley Beretta has dropped a high-energy open-format mix for the DJcity Podcast. Her set covers the...
French production group Les Bisous has paired with Los Angeles-based vocalist TIAAN to create a house-inspired refresh of Diana Ross' iconic 1980 hit “...
Blackmagic Design has made professional broadcast switchers for many years, but in 2019 they shook up the live streaming market with the ATEM Mini. Now...
Italian DJ/producer John Type has demonstrated Ableton Live 11 in a creative video. Via vinyl synthesis, Type has innovated playing and sequencing a...
(Source: DJ Bizzon) Milwaukee-based DJ Bizzon has delivered a technical and creative mix for the DJcity Podcast. His half-hour set is stacked with hip...