Below is DJcity’s chart of the top 30 most downloaded Latin songs of the year. The list was determined by subscriber downloads (the tracks are not DJcity’s picks).
Colombian superstar J Balvin led the way in 2019 with thirteen appearances on the list. Coming in at second with nine tracks was Daddy Yankee while Bad Bunny got third with five songs. Some of DJcity’s in-house music team members also made this list. Kidd Spin scored two edits on the list followed by J Medina and KidCutUp with one apiece.
Check out the chart below.
To receive these updates via email, click here.
1. DJ Snake & J Balvin ft. Tyga – Loco Contigo
2. Major Lazer ft. J Balvin & El Alfa – Que Calor
3. Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee & Karol G ft. J Balvin & Ozuna – China
4. Daddy Yankee ft. Snow – Con Calma
5. DJ Snake, Sean Paul, & Anitta ft. Tainy – Fuego
6. Sean Paul & J Balvin – Contra La Pared
7. Major Lazer & Anitta – Make It Hot
8. Tropkillaz, J Balvin & Anitta ft. MC Zaac – Bola Rebola
9. J Balvin & Bad Bunny ft. Mr Eazi – Como Un Bebe
10. Yellow Claw ft. Saweetie, INNA & Jenn Morel – Baila Conmigo
11. Bad Bunny & Tainy – Callaita
12. Enur – Calabria – Anthem Kingz Que Calor Bootleg
13. Daddy Yankee – Gasolina – BROSS Remix
14. J Balvin & Bad Bunny – Que Pretendes
15. J Balvin – Blanco
16. Sean Paul & J Balvin – Contra La Pared – Kidd Spin Club Edit
17. Lunay, Daddy Yankee & Bad Bunny – Soltera Remix
18. Pitbull, Daddy Yankee, Natti Natasha – No Lo Trates – Kidd Spin Hype Intro
19. DJ Snake & J Balvin ft. Tyga – Loco Contigo – Da Phonk Club Edit
20. Karol G & Nicki Minaj – Tusa
21. Daddy Yankee – Lo Que Paso, Paso – DJcity 2019 Club Edit
22. Daddy Yankee & Katy Perry ft. Snow – Con Calma Remix
23. Sak Noel & Lil Jon ft. El Chevo & Aarpa – Demasiado Loca
24. DJ Snake ft. Selena Gomez, Cardi B, & Ozuna – Taki Taki – MFresh Jingle Bells Tone Play Intro
25. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs Afro Bros & Sebastian Yatra ft. Camilo & Emilia – Boomshakalaka
26. J Balvin – Blanco – Da Phonk Club Edit
27. Daddy Yankee – Que Tire Pa Lante
28. Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee & Karol G ft. J Balvin & Ozuna – China – KidCutUp Hype Edit
29. Bad Bunny – Vete
30. J Balvin – Reggaeton – J Medina Dale Don Dale Toneplay Edit
Related Post: 2019 Club-Friendly Christmas Tracks
Bad Bunny at the Valley View Casino Center in San Diego, CA on Aug. 25, 2018. (Credit: Alan Hess)
Of the Latin artists that have crossed over into mainstream popularity, none have done it quite like Bad Bunny. The Puerto Rican native has taken a progressive, often controversial path to become one of music’s biggest stars. And he’s done it while singing only in Spanish.
In a new feature story in Billboard, writer Eduardo Cepeda describes how “el conejo malo” managed to take over pop music by taking “risks few young male Latin stars would.” Bad Bunny chimes in with insights into his mindset and discusses why he’s not afraid to paint his nails or call out social issues.
Bad Bunny released his critically acclaimed debut album X 100PRE in December. The project peaked at No. 11 on the Billboard 200 and currently sits at No. 19. It features the hit singles “MIA” featuring Drake, “Estamos Bien,” and “Solo de Mi.” The latest single is “Si Estuviesemos Juntos,” which the 24-year-old dropped on Thursday along with a music video.
Read Bad Bunny’s best quotes from the story and watch the video for “Si Estuviesemos Juntos” below.
Why he takes risks:
“When I came into this industry, I was never afraid to be myself … There were others who would advise me to tone down a bit, but I just always thought, ‘What’s the worst that could happen?'”
How calling out social issues comes easy to him:
“At the end of the day, these are basic messages .. Ultimately, I’m not doing that much. I’m only doing what a human being who feels wants to do — in my way, without stepping out of my flow, while staying in my lane. Without, I guess, boring people.”
Why he lets fans approach him in the street:
“That’s the whole point — that’s how it should be … Like, fucking trying to connect with people.”
Why he keeps his friends close:
“[It] makes you feel like you’re with family, makes you feel at home, makes you feel normal. It gives me that grounding I need to always stay within orbit and not forget Earth.”
Why he used the same two producers on X 100PRE:
“It influences not just the quality of the album, but also the sentimentality of it … That energy translates. You feel like you’re listening to an artist, not just music meant for radio play.”
Related: Watch Bad Bunny’s ‘Caro’ Video
Bassvoom at Waitara Club in Pichilemu, Chile. (Credit: im.dreamz)
Bassvoom, a DJ/producer from Santiago, Chile, has dropped a Latin mix for the DJcity Podcast. His 29-minute set consists of reggaeton and moombahton, including four his edits. Bassvoom is a resident at Waitara Club in Pichilemu.
1. Bad Bunny ft. Drake – MIA – Henry Fong Remix
2. Kevin Roldan & Zion & Lennox – PPP Remix
3. Paloma Mami – No Te Enamores – Bross Redrum
4. Daddy Yankee – Perros Salvajes – Alvaro Guerra Body Riddim Bootleg
5. Anuel AA & Haze – Amanece – Bassvoom Edit
6. Jamsha & Barbie Rican – Gaveta
7. Wisin & Yandel & Ozuna – Callao – ETX Hype Edit
8. Daddy Yankee – Aqui Esta Tu Caldo
9. Daddy Yankee – Rompe – Systematisch Oma Bootleg
10. Ozuna – Baila Baila Baila – IGORITO Acap Intro – Bassvoom Party Break
11. Daddy Yankee ft. Snow – Con Calma – Da Phonk Redrum
12. Kenny Man – Ni Gucci Ni Prada – Bross Edit
13. Cauty, Brytiago, Darell, Cosculluela, Rafa Pabon & Chenco Corleone – Ta To Gucci Remix – Gucci Perreo Version
14. Ozuna ft. Cardi B – La Modelo – DJ Nach Edit
15. DrefQuila – Exhibicionista – Bassvoom Redrum
16. Lorna – Papi Chulo – Richastic Remix
17. Joao Smith – Moombahook
18. Darkiel ft. Eladio Carrion, Myke Towers, Brray – Sigue Bailandome
En octubre, Native Instruments lanzó una actualización de su software para DJs, el Traktor Pro 3. El nuevo software fue la primera actualización de la compañía en años. Hoy, Luis Martínez nos muestra algunos de los cambios y explica por qué los DJs van a querer comprar la nueva versión. Mira el video arriba en un nuevo episodio de Consejos y Trucos de DJcity Latino.
English translation (traducción en inglés):
In October, Native Instruments released its upgraded Traktor Pro 3 software, the company’s first significant update to its software in years. Today, Luis Martinez walks us through some of the changes and explains why DJs may want to get the new version. Watch above on this week’s episode of DJcity Latino‘s Consejos y Trucos.
“Caro” appears on Bad Bunny’s debut album, X 100pre. The project debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Latin Albums chart, where it has remained for four straight weeks. It currently sits at No. 11 on the Billboard 200.
Watch the video above and download “Caro” on DJcity.
En diciembre, Luis Martínez cubrió la importancia de usar cableado de alta calidad para poder transmitir el mejor sonido. Hoy, Luis explica cómo analizar la calidad de tu música para evitar de tocar canciones que suenen mal. Porque como dice Luis, “de nada sirve poder tener el mejor cableado, el mejor equipo, si la música que estamos utilizando no esta en alta calidad”. Mira el video arriba en un nuevo episodio de Consejos y Trucos de DJcity Latino.
English translation (traducción en inglés):
In December, Luis Martinez covered the importance of using high-quality DJ cables to get the best sound. Today, Luis goes over how to analyze the quality of your music to avoid playing poor sounding tracks. Because as Luis puts it, “it does you no good to have the best cables or equipment if the music you’re using is not in high-quality.” Watch above on a new episode of DJcity Latino‘s Consejos y Trucos.
After a long hiatus from filming routines, Craze has delivered a performance showcasing the new Rane SEVENTY mixer. The world champion turntablist's "S...
Source: Serato Serato is celebrating two decades in business with a series of anniversary releases. First, a three-part documentary chronicling the co...
Marty Rock. (Source: Marty Rock) New York City's party rocker, Marty Rock, has dropped an upbeat hip-hop mix for the DJcity Podcast. His half-hour set...
Mojaxx is back with another first look at some new Denon DJ gear. This time around he checks out the PRIME 2, a 2-channel controller with streaming cap...
Below is DJcity’s annual chart of the top 50 most downloaded songs of the year. The list was determined by subscriber downloads (the tracks are not DJc...
Nelly Furtado Check out this week's TBT Hits below. Lil Wayne - Go DJ Produced by Mannie Fresh, this early Weezy hit helped put Cash Money Recor...
New tracks that DJs should know about.
Earlier today, we featured a routine by Craze that showcased the new Rane SEVENTY mixer. On this episode of Tips and Tricks, DJcity's tech guru Mojaxx...
Yesterday, DJcity revealed its most downloaded tracks of 2019. Today, we dive deeper to uncover the most popular remixes, bootlegs, and edits of the ye...
Rogerson (Source: Rogerson) Dutch DJ/producer Rogerson has dropped a remix of Stromae's 2009 dance-pop hit "Alors On Danse." The track is available e...