Below is DJcity’s chart of the top 30 most downloaded Latin songs of the year. The list was determined by subscriber downloads (the tracks are not DJcity’s picks).
The most downloaded Latin track on DJcity in 2020 was J Balvin‘s “Morado.” In terms of the most entries, the Colombian superstar led for the second year in a row with ten appearances on the list. Coming in at second with eight tracks was Bad Bunny while Daddy Yankee got third with seven songs.
Check out the chart below.
1. J Balvin – Morado
2. Bad Bunny – Yo Perreo Sola
3. Steve Aoki & Maluma – Maldad
4. Scott Storch ft. Ozuna & Tyga – Fuego Del Calor
5. DJ Snake, J Balvin & Ozuna ft. Nicky Jam, Natti Natasha, Darell & Sech – Loco Contigo Remix
6. Daddy Yankee – Gasolina – Kevin D & Stavros Martina Remix
7. J Balvin – Amarillo
8. J Balvin – Morado – Da Phonk Club Edit
9. Daddy Yankee – Rompe – Kevin D Remix
10. Bad Bunny, Jowell & Randy & Ñengo Flow – Safaera – MarkCutz Get Ur Freak On Toneplay Edit
11. Bad Bunny & Daddy Yankee – La Santa
12. Tainy, Sean Paul & Mozart La Para ft. Cazzu – LENTO
13. J Balvin – Morado – DJ Santarosa Hype Intro
14. Scott Storch ft. Ozuna & Tyga – Fuego Del Calor – MarkCutz Just A Lil Bit Toneplay Edit
15. Daddy Yankee vs Pitbull – Que Tire Pa Lante vs El Taxi – DJ Santarosa Wordplay Transition
16. J Balvin – Rojo – Da Phonk Club Edit
17. Daddy Yankee & Sech – Definitivamente
18. Bad Bunny & Nicky Jam – BAD CON NICKY
19. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs Afro Bros & Sebastian Yatra ft. Camilo & Emilia – Boomshakalaka – Eddie Boy Hype Edit
20. Tainy & J Balvin – Agua
21. Daddy Yankee, Anuel AA & Kendo Kaponi – Don Don
22. Bad Bunny & Don Omar – PA’ ROMPERLA
23. SAINt JHN & J Balvin – Roses – Imanbek Remix (Latino Gang)
24. Bad Bunny – Yo Perreo Sola – iRony Hype Intro
25. Bad Bunny – La Dificil
26. Anitta, Cardi B & Myke Towers – Me Gusta
27. Myke Towers – Girl – Da Phonk Club Edit
28. Bad Bunny vs Daddy Yankee – La Santa vs Aqui Esta Tu Caldo – DJ Santarosa Wordplay Transition
29. Jhay Cortez, Anuel AA & J Balvin – Medusa
30. J Balvin – Azul
To receive these updates via email, click here.
Related Post: DJcity’s 30 Most Downloaded Latin Tracks of 2019
Rosalia performs at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. (Source: Instagram)
Billboard has announced new dates for the 30th anniversary of Latin Music Week, the largest and longest-running event in the Latin music industry. The event was originally scheduled for April 20 to 23 in Las Vegas but was postponed due to COVID-19. It will now be happening virtually from October 20 to 23.
Additional participants and schedules will be announced in the coming weeks. Check out the Billboard Latin Music Week website for more information and to RSVP.
Related Post: J Balvin’s #ColoresDJChallenge Winner Announced
Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, also known as Bad Bunny, photographed by Gabriela Berlingeri. (Source: Rolling Stone)
After releasing his surprise album “LAS QUE NO IBAN A SALIR,” Bad Bunny made history last Thursday by becoming the first Latin urban music artist to make the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. The Puerto Rican star was also the first artist to have a Rolling Stone cover story done during the pandemic.
This historic article features a glimpse at the life of the Grammy-nominated reggaeton artist while quarantined in Puerto Rico.
The cover story, which was written by Rolling Stone’s Latin music editor Suzy Exposito, broke ground by being the magazine’s first article completely worked on by Latinas. It includes photographs by Bad Bunny’s girlfriend Gabriela Berlingeri, and it was transcribed and translated by Alex Douglas-Barrera.
Related Post: How Bad Bunny and Tainy’s ‘Callaita’ Was Produced
J Balvin. (Credit: Juan Pablo Celis)
J Balvin and Universal Music Latin Entertainment recently teamed up with with DJcity Latino and Beatsource for the #ColoresDJChallenge. Participants were asked to come up with their best 60-second routine flipping one of the songs from Balvin’s Colores album.
The winner of the contest is Jose Viera of Gran Canaria in the Canary Islands. Watch his routine below.
DJcity Singapore director Anrev has dropped a creative tag-team routine with Colombia-based DJcity Latino representative Tornall. Despite the distance between them, the duo recorded a seamless performance flipping Mark Ronson‘s track “Ooh Wee” featuring Ghostface Killah, Nate Dogg, Trife, and Saigon.
The routine, which is the first of a series, intends to inspire DJs around the world to reconnect with each other. “I would like to use this opportunity to foster a strong collaborative spirit between DJs around the world, during this period of crisis” Anrev says. “On the same note, I want to demonstrate that music can always bring us together, regardless of genre, style, and nationality, especially with the advent of technology.”
Watch their routine above.
Related Post: DJ Anrev Wins Red Bull 3Style Singapore Final
DJcity has put together a list of Latin edits, remixes, and bootlegs for your Cinco de Mayo live stream sets. The list includes 10 DJcity exclusives. Check it out below.
Banda El Recodo – El Sinaloense – MFresh Left Right Edit
Banda El Recodo – El Toro – Leorachi Guaracha Remix
Banda El Recodo – Pena Tras Pena – DJ Santarosa Prende La Rumba Edit
Kumbia Kings – Boom Boom – DJ Santarosa 2020 Re-Drum
Lil Jon – Taco Tuesday – J Medina Club Intro
Los Tucanes de Tijuana – La Chona – MFresh Hipnosis Edit
Mariachi De La Cuidad De México – El Mariachi Loco – J Medina Tocame Edit
Mi Banda El Mexicano – Mambo Lupita – Chuwe Remix
Pitbull ft. Chesca & Lil Jon – Cinco De Mayo
Pitbull ft. Chesca & Lil Jon – Cinco De Mayo – Spryte Samba De Rio Bootleg
Ramon Ayala – Tragos Amargos – DJ iRony Edit
Ramon Ayala – Tragos Amargos – J Medina Volar Edit
Related Post: Club Tracks for Cinco de Mayo 2018
New tracks that DJs should know about.
Due to restrictions placed at music venues worldwide because of COVID-19, many clubs have been forced to practice social distancing by transforming the...
Munich-based DJ Silence throws down a high-energy club set for this week's DJcity Podcast. The 30-minute mix highlights his love of hip-hop from around...
(Source: DJ Bizzon) Milwaukee-based DJ Bizzon has delivered a technical and creative mix for the DJcity Podcast. His half-hour set is stacked with hip...
(Source: Veste) The mysterious DJ/producer known as Veste has delivered a pulsing dance mix for the DJcity Podcast. His 37-minute set highlights his o...
On this week’s episode of the R.O.A.D. Podcast, the crew talked about being physically and mentally ready for the nightlife grind after feeling a littl...
In this episode of the MikiDZ Podcast, the crew talks about the "crypto social network" BitClout and what it would be like if each DJ had their own coi...
New tracks that DJs should know about.
Iggy Azalea. DJcity's Spotify playlist update for the week of April 6: Desiigner - I Get That Iggy Azalea & Tyga - Sip It R3HAB, Fafaq & DNF...
Earlier today, Serato launched the public beta of Serato DJ Pro 2.5 and Lite 1.5. In this episode of Tips and Tricks, Mojaxx takes a first look at the...