The global music community was heavily impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic this year. With the nightlife scene essentially shut down, DJs turned to live...
German DJ manufacturer Reloop announced its first portable turntable on Tuesday, the SPIN. It introduces a host of new features for DJs on the move, including Bluetooth, for streaming beats to the device, and smart USB recording, which enables recording of scratches in MP3 format.
The SPIN’s dual-rail 45mm crossfader can be installed on either side of the platter, enabling DJs to choose their preferred layout.
The device is also flexible when it comes to power. It can be used with a regular 5V USB power supply, USB power bank, or batteries.
Other notable features:
– Integrated speaker
– Three selectable speeds (33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM)
– Stable tonearm with a transport lock
– Cartridge with tracking features
– Two headphones connections for listening and monitoring
– AUX input to facilitate connection of several turntables (daisy chain)
– Easy battery charging via USB PSU or USB power bank
– Installed start/stop button
– Precise speed adjustment via pitch control with +/-20 %
The SPIN will be available at the end of June at a street price of $249. It will include an exclusive 7-inch scratch record, as well as a free copy of the Beat Junkies’ Super Duper Duck Looper app.
Check out Reloop’s website for more info and watch the video below.
Related Post: DJ Tech’s Handy Kutz Portablism Mixer Reviewed