Numark announced two new additions to their DJ hardware lineup on Monday: The NS6II controller and the NTX1000 turntable.
The original NS6 was one of the first pro-level four-channel controllers for Serato software. However, although it is still supported in Serato DJ today, the hardware is a little dated by comparison to the rest of Numark’s range. With the new version, the NS6II is brought to the cutting edge, while retaining a similar size and feature set to the popular original.
The NS6II’s highlights include dual USB ports for easy DJ switchovers and displays in the jog wheels that provide track and playhead info. It will be available in the summer for $799.
NS6II key features
– Two USB ports for DJ handoffs or multiple computer connections
– Two color LCD track status displays for each jog wheel
– Capacitive touch knobs for instant effects and EQ kills
– Four channels with filter knobs and filter effects
– Roll bar to protect front panel control knobs
– Stand-alone digital mixing 24-bit, 44.1k audio (no computer required)
– Two stereo RCA inputs with DVS-ready phono preamp
– Two dedicated quarter-inch mic inputs with EQ
– Balanced XLR outputs, RCA booth outputs, and master outputs
– Class-compliant drivers (plug-and-play)
– Includes Serato DJ (full version)
The other product that debuted on Monday is an unexpected new addition to the vinyl turntable market: The NTX1000. Taking design cues from classic Numark products like the NS7 and TTX turntables, the NTX1000 promises pro-level performance at an affordable price.
It includes features that you would expect in a pro turntable in 2017, such as variable pitch range up to +/-50%, and adjustable start and stop times. The 2.5 pound platter and 4.0 KGF/CM direct drive motor are intended to work together to give solid, stable performance. The deck body is designed to resist vibration in professional environments.
Priced at just $399 a piece, the NTX1000 has the potential to shake up the turntable scene in a big way. Look out for a review on DJcityTV as soon as it arrives in Q3 2017.
NTX1000 key features
– Full-size 12-inch 2.5 pound platter ensures rock-steady speed accuracy
– Professional 4.0 KGF/CM high-torque motor
– Two-speed design: 33 1/3 and 45 RPM
– S-shaped tonearm for accurate tracking
– Damped cueing and anti-skate control
– Adjustable pitch range: ±8%, 16%, 50%
– Start and stop brake controls
– Dust cover
– Switchable power: 100~230V, 50~60Hz
Watch Numark’s promo video for the NS6II below.
Related: Numark NVII Controller Review