New tracks that DJs should know about.
DJ Dynamix performs at Aurea Vista Nightclub in Riverside, California on March 9, 2018. (Source: Aurea Vista)
DJ Dynamix has launched Open Format Fridays, a visual mixtape series in which he’ll showcase his turntablist-friendly mixes on video.
The three-time Red Bull Music 3Style Los Angeles champion described the series on Instagram:
“[I’ll] go through different themes and genres and try to tell a story through the music. I’ll be incorporating new and old mixing techniques and implement some of the newer features in the DJ technology world. This first episode is Top 40. Just wanted to do something everyone can understand.”
In the first episode, Dynamix takes viewers on a 10-minute journey through a variety of popular hits. He weaves together a few different themes using creative word play and tone play transitions.
Watch Open Format Fridays below.
1. 2 Live Crew – 2 Live Party
2. Ariana Grande ft. Big Sean – Right There
3. Nelly ft. Fergie – Party People
4. Beyonce ft. J Cole – Party
5. Waka Flocka Flame ft. ft. Kebo Gotti – Grove St. Party
6. DJ Deville – Rockstars Rock Break
7. Post Malone ft. 21 Savage – rockstar
8. The Offspring – Come Out and Play
9. The Black Eyed Peas – Pump It
10. The Contours – Do You Love Me
11. Drake – God’s Plan
12. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry – Cabuizee Remix
13. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry – Tall Boys Alone Bootleg
14. Marshmello – Alone – Acapella
15. Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ – Lean On – BrainDeaD’s Booty Bootleg – Dynamix Intro Edit
16. Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug – Havana – Jason Jani Wait x Lean On Blend
17. N.E.R.D. vs 50 Cent ft. Drake – Lemon – Anthem Kingz In Da Club Surprise Edit
18. The Game ft. 50 Cent – How We Do – Knock2 Remix
19. Montell Jordan – This Is How We Do It – Acapella
20. Lil Dicky ft. Chris Brown – Freaky Friday