New tracks that DJs should know about.
After teasing it in March, Pioneer has finally released details for their new direct drive PLX-1000 turntable, which will hit stores in August and cost $699. The news was accompanied by a demo video featuring turntable legends QBert and Shortkut (see below).
“The PLX-1000 is precision engineered for the booth, drawing on 50 years experience of making high-end turntables. The result is a familiar layout with some next generation improvements, including a high-torque direct drive system, multi-pitch control, club-grade build and sound quality, and detachable power and audio cables,” the press release says.
– High-torque direct drive (33⅓ rpm in 0.3 seconds)
– Classic DJ turntable layout
– Removable power, ground and phono cables
– S-shaped tone arm
– Multiple tempo control options: ±8%, ±16% and ±50%
– Tempo reset button
– Solid build for excellent vibration damping
– Professional-grade gold-plated RCA jacks
– Rubber-lined tone arm to improve isolation and prevent feedback
Watch QBert and Shortkut get busy with the PLX-1000 and discuss its features:
Related: Related: DJ Angelo Showcases Reloop’s Hybrid Turntable