(Credit: Heshan Perera/Unsplash) Rumors of Facebook's upcoming Terms of Service update noting the right to delete users and pages that "create music l...
In the case of Fool’s Gold Records co-founder Nick Catchdubs, he’s not only running the show, but also performing at the show.
A New Jersey native, Catchdubs launched the label with A-Trak in 2007 and continues to hold it down. He also stays busy DJing around the world and producing music (his remix of Dej Loaf’s “Try Me” has amassed over 300,000 SoundCloud plays since November.)
As part of their “1 on 1” series, Scratch DJ Academy sat down with Catchdubs to discuss his beginnings, production philosophy and plans for the future. It’s always great to hear from the folks who make things happen behind the scenes, and Catchdubs was more than willing to share his story and insights. Watch below:
Here’s a breakdown of the topics covered:
– His beginnings (0:15)
– Being inspired by genre blending DJs such as Hollertronix and Mark Ronson (1:00)
– How he got into DJing (2:15)
– Approach to production and latest single “Wuts That” (3:40)
– Remixing Dej Loaf’s “Try Me” (6:40)
– Preferred production gear (8:50)
– Plans for the future (10:30)
Related: Nick Catchdubs Remixes Dej Loaf’s ‘Try Me’