New tracks that DJs should know about.
Dr. Dre revealed today that he has a new album coming out August 7. The announcement was made during his Beats 1 show, The Pharmacy.
The album isn’t Detox, though.
Instead, Dre is releasing Compton A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre, a project inspired by the upcoming N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton. He said that it will be his “grand finale.”
When asked why Detox never came out, Dre said: “I didn’t like it. It wasn’t good. The record, it just wasn’t good. . . . I worked my ass off on it, and I don’t think I did a good enough job.”
Compton A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre is now available for pre-order on iTunes.
Check out the cover art above and tracklist below.
1. Intro ft. Dr. Dre
2. Talk About It ft. King Mez & Justus
3. Genocide ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay
4. It’s All On Me ft. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid
5. All In a Day’s Work ft. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius
6. Darkside/Gone ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar
7. Loose Cannons ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um
8. Issues ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak
9. Deep Water ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus
10. One Shot One Kill ft. Snoop Dogg & Jon Connor
11. Just Another Day ft. Asia Bryant & The Game
12. For the Love of Money ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor
13. Satisfiction ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez
14. Animals ft. Anderson Paak
15. Medicine Man ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak
16. Talking To My Diary ft. Dr. Dre
Here’s an excerpt of Dre discussing the album on The Pharmacy: