New tracks that DJs should know about.
DJcity TV has launched “Tips & Tricks,” a new series which is intended to help DJs increase their knowledge of the tools that matter to them. Using detailed step-by-step guides in each video, “Tips & Tricks” will cover a variety of software and hardware topics ranging from beginner to expert.
In our first episode of the series, we show you how to use your CDJ-2000s in HID mode with Serato Scratch Live. This helps simplify your setup and enables the use of cue points, looping, pitch control, and library browsing directly from the CDJs without a timecode.
Other benefits include:
– RCA cables not required
– Trigger the first 3 cue points of any track directly from the CDJ
What you need:
– 2 Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus CD Players (other models may work, get more info here)
– 1 Serato soundcard (SL1, SL2, SL3, SL4, 57, 61, 62 or 64)
– 1 USB hub
– Updated Serato software (version 2.2 or newer)
– Updated CDJ firmware (download here)
1. Connect both CDJs via USB cable to USB hub
2. Plug in USB cable from your Serato device and USB cable from the hub into your laptop
3. Open Serato
4. Power on the CDJs
5. Press the “link” button on the left or right CDJ
6. Press the scroll knob to connect either CDJ to the computer
7. Use the scroll knob to choose which deck to have Serato control (1 = left, 2 = right)
8. Set both Serato decks to “internal” within Serato
To receive updates on new videos, click here