Wedding season has arrived! DJcity’s Remix Director Sir Marcus has put together a list of wedding-friendly tracks guaranteed to freshen up your DJ sets and...
DJcityTV’s third episode of “Tone Play” features DJ Dynamix demonstrating his routines with a Z2 mixer at Native Instrument’s headquarters in Hollywood.
The Los Angeles-based DJ has enjoyed a career laden with accomplishments, including wins at the Mai Tai Rumble, the King of LA DJ Battle, and two Red Bull Thre3style battles. Dynamix was also a contestant in this season of VH1’s “Master of the Mix.”
– DJ Shadow “Organ Donor” to Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth “T.R.O.Y.”
– Yes “Owner of a Lonely Heart” to “Beverly Hills, 90210 Theme Song”
– Yeah Yeah Yeahs “Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix) fingerdrum
– 2 Chainz “I’m Different” to French Montana “Thrilla In Manilla”
– Mohawks “The Champ” to KRS-One “Step into a World” to Warren G “Regulate”
The best DJs in the world are creative and differentiate themselves by thinking outside the box. DJcityTV’s “Tone Play” series sheds light on the technique of seamlessly mixing two tracks together by linking similar tones or melodies. The technique itself isn’t new but has evolved and become increasingly popular in recent years.
Watch previous episodes of “Tone Play” here