Denon DJ has announced the standalone SC5000M, which has the potential to revolutionize the DJ media player space.
The device is based on the SC5000 Prime but adds a motorized platter with real, seven-inch vinyl. The SC5000M promises to provide all of the benefits of laptop-free performance, including playing music directly from a USB drive or SD card, but with an authentic vinyl experience.
The company has also added instant doubles, letting users duplicate tracks across multiple decks for beat juggling and other techniques. Combined with the dual layer function on each player, which provides two virtual decks for each physical player, the instant doubles feature should offer unique creative possibilities.
Key features of the SC5000M:
– Motorized platter with real 7-inch vinyl
– Adjustable vinyl tension for slip and scratch control
– Two variable torque settings (low and high)
– Seven-inch HD display with multi-touch gestures
– 24-bit/96kHz digital audio outputs
– Dual-layer playback with individual audio outputs
– Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
– Eight multifunction trigger pads for cues, loops, slices, and rolls
– Customizable RGB color around the platter
– Three USB and one SD card inputs for music playback
– LAN output to link to up to four players
– Includes Engine Prime music management software
The SC5000M will ship this fall with a price of $1,899. Watch a video of Kenny Dope Gonzalez introducing the player below.
Related: Review: Denon DJ SC5000 Prime Player